** FULL-TIME ASSISTANT CASE WORKER **
Bilingual immigration case worker (preferably fluent in Spanish). Hourly position at 30 hours per week, benefits, with potential for more hours in the future. Professional training on immigration procedures and relevant legislation provided, and long-term commitment sought. Pay is commensurate with experience ($17- $19 per hour).
- Assess, evaluate, and consult with clients on their immigration needs
- Serve as immigration case manager representing clients and preparing immigration forms
- Refer clients to additional legal services when necessary
- Attend training on immigration procedures/legislation to apply for Department of Justice Accreditation
- Make referrals for clients to access community/resettlement services
- Manage data collection/prepare reports for grants
- Collect data for and follow up on citizenship programming
- Present talks, arrange special events and lead workshops on immigration, as necessary
- Represent BIC at community events, as necessary
- Disseminate information about BIC to partner service agencies, the public, and private sector
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Legal, immigration, and/or international relations background preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, fluency in additional language favored
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Google Suite and database software, CMS a plus)
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and commitment to cultural competency
- Ability to multitask, organize, and prioritize
- Demonstrated high level of self-direction and collaboration
- Good judgment and discretion with confidential matters
- Ability to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time
Please submit cover letter and resume to Michelle Lopez, Executive Director, via e-mail to Director@berkshireic.org. Interviews will begin in June and position will remain open until filled.
The Berkshire Immigrant Center is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to celebrating diversity. BIC is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.